- Utvær is a deserted fishing village. Nobody lives there all year round anymore. Utvær has become a hoilday destination for Utværians which has their roots connected to the island.
- Utvær has a strong history as fishing village and key port.
- The Vikings were here. Harald Hardråde set out on a mission from Utvær to England in 1066.
- A Church was built here around year 1100-1200 , this church was relocated from Utvær in 1718.
- The lighthouse was built in 1900, and became an important landmark and created new jobs for the region.
- Second World War had a significant impact on Utvær as the lighthouse was a target for demolition.
- Utvær has been a powerful center in this region, and gave name to an important shipping route – Utvær skipsreide.
- Torald Storøy can tell you more about the history of Utvær when you come to visit Utvær.